I don’t think I’ve really done much ranting about my office’s favorite vendor. They are our database provider and hardly a day goes by where there isn’t some issue or another. I can guarantee that we have at least one issue every week.
Yesterday, we received an invoice from them for $1,400 with a note saying that they had been undercharging us and that our future bills will be $1,800 (past bills were just shy of $1,000). That didn’t seem right to us, so we asked for an explanation. The billing person was very confused and sent us a breakdown of the charges and a copy of our contract. We spent an hour and a half calculating our bill. We owe slightly more than $800. Small difference, but hey glad we could help you out there.
Today, due to a glitch in a beta feature, a test message (and you know how those are written) was sent to a large group of very random people and elected officials (including the President, some Canadian ministers, city council members, etc) with my name and home address on it. This message was only to go to two people–both of whom are involved in the beta testing. The company has no idea why these random people would have received the emails. Fortunately, my organization’s name does not appear anywhere in the email, but that’s a small consolation. The company will be sending a letter of apology to all the recipients.
And yes, we have already signed a contract with a new vendor, but can’t start the migration progress until the second week of April.