Highlights from the weekend:
- Bowled on Saturday night and managed an 86 average. That’s actually progress people–sad but true.
- Took Mom to the annual holiday tea at a Tale of Two Sisters. I think she raised the price $10 this year, making it $35 per person. That was a bit rough on the pocket book. I understand that she has to make a profit–and the menu was very good, but there were definite shortcuts. Started out with fruit soup (made from a can of fruit cocktail–not at all Swedish), chicken salad on snowflake cinnamon bread, cheese souffle, cucumber sandwiches, mini pasties, scones with devon cream and lemon curd, mini mince pie, gingerbread and sugar cookies, and plum pudding. That sounds like a lot, but everything was exactly two bites (except the scone and plum pudding). I felt bad that there were only four of us there. It used to be hard to get a reservation for one of these teas.
- Justin fell asleep early, so DH and I got some quality time together.
- Purchased a crib and changing table (finally!) for Justin. Signed up for the store credit card so we could get 10% off and got an all day coupon which we used to purchase gifts at Toys R Us. Justin was an angel all the way to the Cities and back. He charmed everyone–the women at Wendy’s, the clerks at Babies R Us, and even the stressed out shoppers at Toys R Us.
- Yesterday, he pretty much hated me. Apparently, it has now become completely unacceptable for him to be left alone to entertain himself for even 30 seconds. I feel bad saying this, but I was grateful yesterday that he goes to daycare. I don’t think I would have handled those tantrums all day long very well. And of course, at daycare, he’s never left alone.
He’s still sleeping now. I’m really hoping that yesterday is not a new phase…..