I’m currently working on a baby cap–the umbilical cord cap from Stitch n Bitch. I’ve never really gotten the top of it right, but practice makes perfect. I’ve made several and they all have holes when I get to the serious decrease parts because apparently I drop stitches when the number of stitches on each needle gets to be around two. I’m using my old bamboo circular needles because that’s what I used to cast on.
Since I started the project, I purchased my Harmony needles from Knit Picks. I always hated how the yarn “stuck” between the cord and the needle and that’s not a problem I’ve had with the Harmonys.
I’ve got to wash, starch and block the doily for my future sister-in-law. It’s the Swinging Bells pattern. I often make it for bridal showers, but I’ve never taken a picture of the finished product. I need to get a picture to post on Ravelry.
I’m also knitting a market bag using the Harmony needles. I’ve frogged it once and it still has problems. I don’t think they’ll be that noticeable once it’s watched and blocked.
I’m also still working on the baby cable socks from Sensational Socks. I’ve started using a leftover notebook from the Hot Reads program as a stitch counter and it’s making all the difference. The sock is knit cuff to to and the area by the cuff is kind of wonky because I had lost count of the rows and some of the stitches were dropped as I was learning how to make the cable. I picked them up–or thought I did–and even frogged back. It’s not terrible, but the rest of the sock is looking a lot better.
Finally, I’ve made a little progress on the Midsummer Night’s Fairy cross stitch. I’m on the wings–it’s going to take a while to complete them, but it’s the last major section of the piece to do. I can’t wait to get it done and framed with its counterpart, Titania.
So that’s where I am on my projects.